September 26, 2009

Allium Family: Shallot & Scallions









Allium Oschaninii AKA Shallot





What do Shallots look like: They look like onions and garlic. Shallots are the same plant that has scallions and hold many of the same benefits. Scallions are the green leafy top, and shallot is the bulb.
What do Shallots taste like: I not had a shallot yet. But I will let you know when I do. Shallot.com states that they taste like a bold sweet onion and garlic.
How to eat a Shallot: Like the rest of the Allium family shallot can be added to just about anything. I found many recipes of meat with shallot.

Benefit of Shallot and Scallions
Have the same benefits of onions, but provides more protein then the other vegetables in the Allium family.

2 comments:

  1. I every time used to read paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of
    internet therefore from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.


    my blog post :: http://purecleans...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very trouble-free to find out any matter on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this web site.

    Feel free to visit my web page ... Sidney Crosby Black Jersey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my article. Fell free to leave me a comment.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews